Yes, I am still alive. Yes, I’ve been doing stuff. And yes, I’ll give you a quick rundown:
- NBI is over now, and I have to honor to have been awarded the Good Monicker Medal this year. Thanks and shout-outs to all the other participants and winners, it was a blast! 😀
- NaNoWriMo is in full swing, and my project “Digital Dragonslayers” is trudding along. I have to admit, it’s pretty hard to write a piece of non-fiction, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I won’t make it to the 50.000 words at the end of the month. Still, I have this special NaNoWriMo feeling again, caused by just writing, writing and writing.
- BlizzCon is also on, and we’ve been introduced to the new World of Warcraft expansion. I will give you the full monty later, but here’s my opinion so far in a few words: cautiously hyped.
Well, that’s it for now. Have a great weekend!
Moving is serious business, and I’m glad I’m safe and sound in my new place. The only damage I took was a cut from ruining my blender, but for the rest I’m all nice and well. Next to starting living in my new place, I also had my first day at my new job. Starting out in a new job always feels like being an intern again: you have no clue of what the eff is going on, and every time you walk over to a colleague or superior to ask something, you feel like your question will be one of those stupid, eye-rolling annoyances no one wants to put up with. Still, I like the atmosphere in the office so far, and the fact that it’s just a fifteen minutes walk from my new home is also a big plus.
Anyway, considering that I’m slowly settling in and getting used to my new routine, my posting and update behavior will also return to what you’re used to. Who knows, maybe I’ll do something crazy like vlogs in the future. No one knows, but what I know for sure that I look forward to writing again for this blog, and I look even more forward to you reading, commenting and discussing what I put up here.
Thank you for dropping by, I haven’t forgotten about all of you!
Good morning bloggerillos of the world!
It’s been a while since my last post, and I excuse for that. The thing is, I’ve been rather busy the last few days, Just to give you a heads-up of what’s keeping me from posting, here’s a quick list:
- I’m busy preparing for moving to my new place and preparing for my new job. It’s pretty damn awesome that I’ll have both a new job and a new place to live from the 1st of July, but it also requires some planning, packing and mild panicking. Don’t worry though, before I know it, I’ll be chillin’ like a villain (oh God, did I just say that?) in my new place and handling my new job like a boss.
- Last weekend was pretty damn awesome, but also very packed. After my apartment hunt, I had a Dark Knight marathon with my friends, a short night followed by a morning of epic, epic, epic paintballing, which was then followed by an afternoon and evening of good food and cocktails, all in the company of fantastic people.
So yeah, I’ll be picking up the pace again once I’m restored from this really great weekend and I’m done moving. Until then, I’ll try my best to at least remain visible on Twitter and give you the occasional post. I’ll keep an eye on all of you good folks, so you better keep an eye on me!
Plans in life change, and so do the plans for this geek here. As you can see on the right, my plan was to participate in this month’s Camp NaNo and write a story of about 20.000 words. After just a week, that plan changed. I noticed that after writing more than 50k words for last November’s NaNoWriMo, I lacked the necessary drive to write something new. Also, editing November’s novel was also something I didn’t want to do. I got frustrated, feeling like I let myself down. Luckily, inspiration struck, and I used my writing time meant for Camp NaNo to work on the script for something new and really cool.
I will unveil that new and really cool thing here when the time is right. The script for it is being finalized, and my girl is taking care of the art part. It’s gonna be great, guys and girls, I can promise you that.
In the mean time, other things just keep on changing on this blog. I’m experimenting with videos and audio records, and I’m still trying to find the perfect posting schedule for me. I apologize for any irregularities, but this blog is a growing and changing thing. I’m grateful for every visitor that finds his or her way over here, and I hope you keep on dropping by.
The Chindividual grows, and the fuel for that growth is your support! Thanks for visiting, I will keep you pleased!
Heya everyone, just a little heads-up about what’s going on behind the scenes of this blog. I’m pleased with my ability of keeping up a steady stream of posts, and it’s good to see that people appreciate the effort. In order to tell you what you can expect in the future, here’s a little summary about what will be coming.
- You might have noticed the new pages on top of this…uh, page. I’m starting to sort through the mess this blog has become since its inception just somewhat more than a month ago. You will be able to find my columns in one place, which will make it easier to look them up later.
- Next to the Columns page, you also see an “Actual Play” page. In the future, I’ll be sharing more of my adventures from the digital tabletop with you, and I’ll start with my current Song of Ice and Fire campaign dubbed “Riverlands Saga”, and a now-dead but rather long solo Lunar Exalted campaign. You’ll be seeing the first chapter of the latter later this week, and just like the Columns, you’ll be able to find that on its own page!
- I’m considering doing something more than just writing. Podcasting is an option, as I just love to ramble on about the things I love (that’s what a podcast is for, right?), but the question remains if they will be pure audio or also footage of me playing games. I don’t wanna promise anything, but I’ll keep my options open.
So, in short, you’ll just get the usual servings of my opinions, with a possible side dish of my voice. Stop the excitement, I’m starting to blush!
Anyway, thanks for reading my blog, guys and gals! I’ll do my best to give you more than my best on this page!
Chin over and out.