Okay, okay, I know what I said. I know I told you guys I wouldn’t jump on the next-gen bandwagon so fast. I know how I wrote about my launch issues paranoia and the lack of titles, and I still support everything I said. However, when the opportunity to get one arose (and trust me, it’s pretty hard right now to get one in Europe without having to wait for a month), I grabbed my purse, threw some money at the console and am now the proud owner of a PS4, two controllers and two games. Well, am I really a proud owner? Well…
November came and went, along with Movember, NaNoWriMo (which we will discuss in a future post) and many other things. Now, December will reign, and you all know what that means: effing Christmas time! But before we dive head first into my favorite season, let’s re-cap the last week in this short Weekly Wrap-Up!
- I had a blast in Riga with my friends, drinking and sight-seeing through a great experience. If you want to see lesser known part of Europe, make sure to visit this Baltic capital!
- Gaming-wise, my Troll monk Umaru has made it to Pandaria. With four levels left to the level cap, I’m starting to formulate my goals until Warlords of Draenor hits, while also thinking about sharing my opinions about the current expansion.
- Furthermore, one of my friends has been pushing me to give Awesomenauts a try. The game has been sitting on a my harddrive for a while now, and I’ve been trying it cautiously. It’s MOBA nature is not appealing to me, but the 2D graphics look attractive. Only one way to find out if it’s my cup of tea, right?
- The Steam Autumn Sale is still on, but there hasn’t been anything attractive for me on sale yet. However, I’m keeping an eye on The Wolf Among Us, and that Legendary edition of Skyrim is still on my mind. Valve, why do you want to rob me of my money so much?
- Finally, the Playstation 4 has made it to Europe last Friday. Of course, I wrote about it.
Well, that’s this week for me. I’m tired and Monday is on the horizon. Let’s dive into another week full of potential, shall we?
As usual, Europe experienced its launch of the Playstation 4 today, about a week after its launch in the States. Also, as usual, shops could barely keep up with the demand, leaving many fans of the next generation with empty hands. Sony is of course doing their best to fulfill everyone’s wish for that little black box, and I’m sure that during the Christmas days most of Europe’s die-hard gamers can enjoy the console. As much as I’m interested in that little piece of technology, I haven’t even tried getting a pre-order. Not because I’m a quarter pessimist (the rest of me is carefully optimistic), but because I have reasons. Yes, I have very serious reasons.
No, I really did not. Actually, my plan was to write about Game of Thrones Ascent, the first Facebook game I bother with since that one where you run your own farm and annoy your friends with stupid requests. But I can’t. There are two reasons for that.
First of all, the current state of Ascent makes it nigh impossible to play. Loading times are bizarre, some of your clicks don’t register at all and it seems in general that this game should have stayed in Closed Beta for a few more weeks. But I don’t want to talk trash about it too much, because it might be all better in a few days. No, my second reason is far more important.