“Baby Chin” by KrazeeLadee
Well, today’s the day: The Chindividual is officially one year young! I’ve looked back on the first 365 days of the blog’s existence in previous posts, so there’s not much left to say. However, I want to use the chance to thank each and everyone of you for visiting over and over again. I want to thank you for every tweet heading my way, for every comment left and for the simple fact that you deem this place worthy of your time. I hope that I can keep you interested in the coming years and that your numbers will grow and grow.
With that being said…I promised you a giveaway, didn’t I? Well, though people usually get presents on their birthdays, I decided to give you guys and gals the chance to win something! What is that something? Two freaking Steam keys for the awesome game Starbound! Two people can win each one of these keys, and here’s how:
- Make sure to follow me on Twitter
- Leave a comment below and tell me what you would like to see in the coming year on this blog. Be honest, and don’t forget to include your Twitter handle!
- Pray and hope you win one of those keys.
The contest runs until Wednesday, 18 December 2013 23:00 GMT+1. I will announce the (randomly chosen) winners shortly after. If you want more information about Starbound, check out the official page and / or my short review of the game.
Again, thanks for making this an awesome first year. Grab some imaginary pie, enter the contest and make sure to come back. I really, really appreciate it!
“Cake” by tribute27
You know the old saying: time flies when you’re having fun? Well, it seems that time flies superfast when you’re having fun and blog about it. I just double-checked it, but coming Sunday, this blog will celebrate its very first birthday! Bring out the candles and cake, ’cause we’re gonna celebrate that!
On 15 December 2012, it all started with this post about The Secret World. Since then, I wrote about living healthy as a geek, bringing TSW to my favorite tabletop RPG, falling in and out of love with World of Warcraft and many, many other things. Along the ride, I’ve met a ton of amazing fellow bloggers, learned about perseverance by trying to keep the posts coming and evolved my writing style (at least I think I did). In other words: I’ve had a heck of a lot of fun so far.
In order to express my excitement about the upcoming birthday of this blog, I’m inviting you to come celebrate with me. If you’ve been visiting my blog regularly over the past year (or even just the past weeks or days), what has brought you to this part of the Internet? Which post made you think “wow, I should pay some attention to this dude”? What kind of stuff do you never ever want to see again on this blog, and what do you want me to write more about? I don’t expect any birthday cards and envelops with cash (though those are appreciated), but your honest feedback!
Of course, I’ll be putting up a post about my personal favorite posts of 2013 later this week, and you’ll also be able to win something on this blog’s birthday. What exactly? Well, I won’t tell, but it will surely be something that will keep you occupied during these cold winter nights.
Well, looking forward to all of you to join the festivities. Thanks for visiting!
Good morning bloggerillos of the world!
It’s been a while since my last post, and I excuse for that. The thing is, I’ve been rather busy the last few days, Just to give you a heads-up of what’s keeping me from posting, here’s a quick list:
- I’m busy preparing for moving to my new place and preparing for my new job. It’s pretty damn awesome that I’ll have both a new job and a new place to live from the 1st of July, but it also requires some planning, packing and mild panicking. Don’t worry though, before I know it, I’ll be chillin’ like a villain (oh God, did I just say that?) in my new place and handling my new job like a boss.
- Last weekend was pretty damn awesome, but also very packed. After my apartment hunt, I had a Dark Knight marathon with my friends, a short night followed by a morning of epic, epic, epic paintballing, which was then followed by an afternoon and evening of good food and cocktails, all in the company of fantastic people.
So yeah, I’ll be picking up the pace again once I’m restored from this really great weekend and I’m done moving. Until then, I’ll try my best to at least remain visible on Twitter and give you the occasional post. I’ll keep an eye on all of you good folks, so you better keep an eye on me!